A Guide to Car Care
Getting into good car care habits - both outside and inside your car - can do much more than just keeping it looking good. Take good care of your car and you can make sure that it runs smoothly and without problems and that it maintains a maximum resale value. So, you should:
- Wash and polish your car regularly using suitable products to avoid scratches and wear and tear. Make sure to clean the interior regularly too.
- Check your tyre pressure regularly with a tyre gauge - this is key from a safety perspective but also helps keep tyres in good condition. Don't forget to check your spare tyre at the same time.
- Check your oil and water regularly to avoid causing damage by running out.
- Give your engine a visual once-over every now and then to check for obvious wear and tear and damage.
- Check your anti-freeze in winter months to avoid problems as the weather gets colder.
- Make sure to have your car serviced regularly. This won't just help resolve immediate problems but could prevent problems from developing and causing serious damage.
- Have even the smallest problem looked at by a mechanic - this will stop a small problem from turning into a big issue that could be dangerous and/or costly to repair.
- Take a regular look at your windscreen wiper blades and change them if they are getting worn - this can prevent windscreen scratching. Make sure to have enough cleaner in place.
- Check all your lights regularly to make sure that they are working correctly.